Alcor Life Extension Foundation is accepting resumes for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This person will have overall responsibility for all of Alcor’s business activities at the Scottsdale facility and at all locations where these activities take place, including staffing, facilities, supplies, equipment, and finances to carry out these activities. This person will set yearly goals with the Alcor Board of Directors (Board) and report to the Board quarterly on accomplishments and milestones. The CEO will consult with and receive direction from the Board regarding major issues and decisions. The CEO’s operations, activities, and responsibilities include managing and overseeing the following:
- Patient Maintenance: Maintaining patients in appropriate cryonic storage conditions according to Alcor operating procedures, with zero deviation from Alcor-allowed tolerances; monitoring storage conditions to provide adequate warning of possible deviation from allowed tolerances; providing adequate backup of equipment, supplies, staff, and services to prevent any such deviation.
- Standby, Stabilization, and Transport: Managing and working closely with the Medical Response Director (MRD) in responding appropriately to member potential life- threatening situations or deaths per direction from the Deployment Committee. This includes being prepared for such deployments with adequately trained staff, equipment, and supplies, and establishing agreements where necessary with outside organizations (such as Suspended Animation and Interational Cryomedicine Experts), physicians, paramedics, EMT’s, etc., as necessary. It also includes coordinating volunteers who may assist with standby, stabilization, and transport and establishing relationships with hospitals, hospices organizations, funeral directors, etc.
- Cryopreservations: Overseeing the carrying out of cryopreservations of members with the highest possible quality according to Alcor procedures and member documented wishes, and transitioning members into patient maintenance.
- Fundraising: Engaging with the Alcor community and interested thought leaders to bring resources to Alcor, the Patient Care trust, the Endowment, the Research fund, and other projects that benefit the advancement of cryonics.
- Research: Working with the Research Committee to prioritize and oversee projects related to research and development in cryonics. These projects can include development efforts for equipment in the Alco facility, reviews of previous cases, funding third party projects in the cryobiology space, or anything else deemed important to the advancement of the science or practice of cryonics.
- Documentation: Documenting all Alcor member standby, stabilization, transport, and cryopreservation activities, primarily through case reports and Salesforce member database updates completed and/or published within 90 days of cryopreservation completion. It also includes documenting deployments which did not result in cryopreservation, actively maintaining and updating a complete “watch list” with
information about members at near-term risk of requiring standby, and inquiring of members at least yearly in order to update their cryonics-pertinent medical information.
- Membership Activities: Managing prospect and member inquiries and member sign-up and support process and all related documentation, and maintaining and updating the Salesforce member database as well as all membership paper files. Also included is producing membership reports as requested by the Board and other staff, and providing membership statistics for regular periodic reports and for Alcor News.
- Finance and Accounting: Managing finance and accounting functions and reporting as they relate to operational activities, budgeting, and forecasting, and managing the Controller functions as they relate to these activities. (Operational finance and accounting is differentiated from Treasury functions, which manage investments and liaise regarding Alcor Care Trust activities.)
- All Building(s) and Facilities leased by Alcor
- Organizing, staffing and managing personnel to carry out operational activities, and developing, documenting, and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs on the Alcor Wiki) for all operations activities.
- Representing Alcor: In consultation with the Board, acting as the spokesperson, or designating someone to act as a spokesperson for Alcor to the media, public officials, or other people and organizations seeking information or official statements from Alcor, and at conferences and other outside gatherings.
Minimum job qualifications:
- Regular Alcor cryopreservation membership and a demonstrable understanding of and long-term commitment to cryonics philosophy and principles
- Basic understanding of Alcor’s history, structure, and operations, and basic understanding of cryonics technology and the cryopreservation process from standby to patient maintenance
- Basic understanding of business operations principles and processes, including sales, fundraising, finance and accounting, legal, human resources, information technology, and asset management
- At least three years of successful management experience in a commercial or non-profit organization, with direct responsibility for staff, budget, and management of some aspect of operations
- Long-term Alcor membership
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a business, medical, or life sciences field
- Working experience in a medical related field
- Fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit
Send resume and cover letter to: