Alcor will not be able to revive any patients for many decades to come. Although that time is a long way off, we should be thinking about it and planning for it now. For one thing, that’s part of Alcor’s mission: “Future restoration of good health and reintegration into society for all patients.”
Cryonics will be less scary to some if we have a clearer picture of the challenges revived patients will face and the ways we can prepare for them. The Reintegration Working Group (RWG) aims to develop ideas and plans relating to:
- Asset trusts and future-income trusts
- “Memory books” and ways to fill in any missing memories
- Legal structures to allow patients to claim their identities and their status as persons
- An organizational culture that fosters interest in and desire to help those who return from biostasis.
- Supporting and protecting newly revived patients as they gradually reintegrate into the new world
- Facilitating contact with other revived cryonauts, if this is desired.
Are you interested in this work? If so, what can you contribute? If you want to inquire about participating, email me.