Alcor Life Extension Foundation is seeking a Medical Response Director (MRD) to join our high-functioning team. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the MRD is responsible for the postmortem stabilization and transport of Alcor patients to Scottsdale, Arizona. The MRD will coordinate with Alcor staff and contractors to enhance existing Standby, Stabilization, and Transport (SST) processes. The MRD will ensure that equipment is properly maintained for emergency deployment and that the highest quality of care is delivered to our patients.
The MRD will collect appropriate data and ensure detailed, timely field reports are written. The MRD will be responsible for recruiting medically-skilled contractors, supervising the certification process for contractors, and implementing national and international training sessions. The MRD will work with Alcor personnel, external physicians, scientists, and consultants to ensure that procedures reflect the best available medical and scientific knowledge.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain contact with Alcor member’s physician or medical facility upon terminal diagnosis and track member’s condition.
- Collaborate with Deployment Committee to determine when to activate the SST Team.
- Organize and oversee standby process, in which technicians wait to perform post-mortem stabilization procedures.
- Establish contact with local funeral homes to assist in stabilization and transport preparations.
- Interact with patients, families, and local medical personnel after pronouncement of legal death.
- Ensure timely application of Alcor’s SST protocol; which includes surface cooling, medication administration, cardiopulmonary support, airway management, and blood washout.
- Supervise patient transport to Scottsdale, Arizona and assist in Alcor’s operating room.
- Prepare detailed field reports on the care provided to the patient after transport is concluded.
- Healthcare related college degree and/or Paramedic
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare field.
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations and compliance with the Privacy Rule.
- Capable of lifting, minimally, 50 lbs.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and must be comfortable with end of life process.
- Registered Nurse (specifically critical care) or Certified Perfusionist.
- 5+ years of experience in a healthcare field.
- 3+ years managerial experience.
Travel is approximately 30%.
Send resume and cover letter to: