The highlight of the fourth quarter 2021 issue of Cryonics is Alcor’s ambitious 50th Anniversary Donor Challenge. Rather than ask for financial support, Alcor wants to earn your contribution by running a Donor Challenge! The Donor Challenge focuses on growing membership and awareness of cryonics. Donor Challenge allows you to pledge a donation and make Alcor work to achieve a specific membership goal.
Alcor had 1397 full members at the end of 2021. Alcor’s president, Patrick Harris, is challenging the membership and himself. He asks you to pledge a donation if membership reaches various levels by the end of 2022. For instance:
- You can pledge $100 if Alcor makes it to 1500 members by the end of the year. That requires almost 7.4% growth – quite good by recent standards.
- You can pledge $10,000, to be paid only if Alcor reaches 1700 members. You then become a member of the 1700 Club and Alcor grows by at least 21.7%.
- Or join the Millionaires Club, and pledge that amount if Alcor reaches a stunning 2255 members.
See the new issue for the details and answers to your questions. You have only until February 22, 2022 to make your pledge. The next day – Alcor’s 50th birthday! – new growth strategies will be unveiled. What kinds of strategies will get us to these ambitious levels of growth? You will find out then! Before then, place your bet and make a pledge.
Comment and tell us:
- What changes and strategies do you think Alcor will launch on Feb 23, 2022?
- What changes and strategies do you think will get Alcor to these ambitious levels of growth?
What types of benefits do you think Alcor should offer to 50th Anniversary Club Members who make pledges before February 23, 2022?