From Alcor News #32, November 13, 2004
by Tanya Jones
The first patient we received in October, 2004, (A-1321) died an unattended death. When the patient’s mail started piling up in front of his house, his neighbors contacted the police. After entering the home soon after the call, officers found the member dead on the floor. He had apparently been there for five or six days prior to being found. Alcor was contacted by the local Coroner’s Office, because the patient was still wearing his medic-alert bracelet. After some discussion, they agreed to waive the autopsy and to release the body to a local funeral home for shipment to Arizona. This patient was straight-frozen.