Singularity Summit 2008: Opportunity, Risk, Leadership
October 25, 2008, 9am-5pm, Montgomery Theater (San Jose, CA)
– Peter Diamandis, founder, CEO, and chair of X PRIZE Foundation
– Esther Dyson, influential journalist, entrepreneur, investor
– Ray Kurzweil, acclaimed inventor, author of The Singularity Is Near
– Justin Rattner, VP and CTO of Intel Corporation
– Peter Thiel, co-founder of PayPal, initial investor in Facebook
– Vernor Vinge, renowned science fiction author
The Singularity Summit is the premier dialog on the Singularity. The first Singularity Summit was held at Stanford University in 2006 to further understanding and discussion about the Singularity concept and the future of human technological progress. It was founded as a venue for leading thinkers to explore the subject, whether scientist, enthusiast, or skeptic.
Since 2006, the scope of this dialog has expanded dramatically. In 2008, the Singularity has now entered mainstream consideration. IEEE Spectrum, a sober and mainstream technology publication, issued a special report on the subject; and Intel CTO Justin Rattner remarked that “We’re making steady progress toward the singularity” during his keynote to 2,000 people at Intel Developer Forum. What was once a relatively unknown concept is now being discussed in corporate board rooms.
To register visit: www.singularitysummit.com/registration