Alcor Video Library
The Alcor Cryonics YouTube Channel
- The Alcor Cryonics YouTube Channel includes numerous short videos to answer Frequently Asked Questions, longer conference videos, and other cryonics related videos.
- PBS NOVA segment on Cryonics (5 minutes) - David Pogue met with Alcor president and CEO Max More to tour the facility and learn about the field of cryonics. (November 2013)
Alcor Facility Tours:
- Alcor Facility Tour (3 minutes) - Short video tour of the Alcor Life Extension Foundation facility in Scottsdale, Arizona, conducted by Stephen Van Sickle, who was Executive Director at Alcor when this tour was filmed in 2006.
- Alcor Facility Tour (16 minutes) filmed and conducted for the Singlularity Weblog in July 2013.
- The Limitless Future (28 minutes). Alcor documentary video (2005). Discover how leading-edge science at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation is getting closer to making the dream of a vastly extended lifespan come true and how our notion of "death" is shifting. Includes interviews with world-renowned scientists including Dr. Aubrey de Grey, Department of Genetics at the University of Cambridge, explaining how life can be cryopreserved on the verge of death and then revitalized, giving us a second chance at a long and productive life, and Dr. Ralph Merkle, Distinguished Professor of Computing at Georgia Tech, exploring how molecular-sized machines will be able to repair damage to your body from aging or the devastating effects of cancer and other illnesses, including frostbite.
Talks by Alcor President and CEO, Max More:
- Interview for the Singularity Weblog in July 2013 (25 minutes)
- Do You Like Living? Why Not Try Medical Time Travel? (16 minutes). Presentation for the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies in August 2013.
- Cryonic Life Extension (32 minutes). Presentation at the Fifth SENS Foundation Conference in September, 2011, at Queens' College, Cambridge, UK.
- Improving Your Prospects for an Optimal Cryopreservation (23 minutes). Presentation at the 2012 Alcor Conference.
Alcor Conference Presentations:
2006 Alcor Conference - this link goes to page with full descriptions of all conference video presentations. Or use links below to go directly to a particular video.
- Excerpts (14 minutes) - Overview of the conference with short segments from various sections
- Ralph Merkle - Nanotechnology and Cryonics (25 minutes)
- J. Storrs Hall - Cryonics: A Door into Summer (24 minutes)
- David Friedman - If Life Were a Lot Longer: An Economist's View (26 minutes)
- Aubrey de Grey - SENS: A Precursor to Cryonic Revival (36 minutes)
- Brian Wowk - The Cryobiological Basis of Cryonics (42 minutes)
2012 Alcor Conference - this link goes to page with full descriptions of all conference video presentations. Or use links below to go directly to a particular video.
- Robert Littlefield - City Councilman for Scottsdale, Arizona (4 minutes)
- Kim Suozzi - “Because 21 Years Is Not Enough” (11 minutes)
- Chana de Wolf - Cryopreservation of the Ischemic Brain (31 minutes)
- Todd Huffman - Advances in Neuroscience Structure, Function, and Computation: Implications for Cryonics (31 minutes)
- Keegan Macintosh, J.D. - Access to Cryonics: Legal Strategies Then and Now (30 minutes)
- Max More, Ph.D. - Improving Your Prospects for an Optimal Cryopreservation (23 minutes)
- Anders Sandberg, Ph.D. - Handling the Unknowable and Undecidable: Rational Decision-Making about Future Technology (30 minutes)
- Sebastian Seung, Ph.D. - Connectomics and Cryonics (30 minutes)
- Panel on Long-Term Financial Planning - Michael Seidl, Ralph Merkle, Rudi Hoffman (50 minutes)
- Panel on Medical Monitoring Devices - Led by Aaron Drake with Ben Best and Martine Rothblatt (48 minutes)
- Suspended Animation by Vitrification - 25 minute conference presentation (November, 2005). A cryobiologist talks about the current state of tissue cryopreservation technology in mainstream science and the implications for cryonics.